Speech therapy in Keller, TX is what we do! Our speech therapist provides quality individualized speech therapy services to children of all ages. We work with children and their parents to evaluate the child’s needs and to provide comprehensive speech and language treatments.
#1 Speech therapy provider in Keller, TX! Our speech therapy focus areas include:
- Oral-motor/Feeding (Dysphagia therapy)
- Articulation Disorders
- Fluency Disorders/Stuttering
- Expressive Communication (Express Language Disorders)
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Phonemic Awareness (Phonological Disorders, Phonological Processing Disorders)
- Language Comprehension (Receptive Language/Comprehension)
- Social Pragmatic Skills/Disorders
Speech Therapy provider in Keller, TX
Looking for a speech therapy provider in Keller, TX? We can help! Our top-rated speech therapist works with children primarily that have an autism spectrum (ASD) diagnosis.
If your child has a diagnosis that is associated with developmental language delays including ASD we can help. Here are the typical symptoms of the children we are typically best suited for:
- Difficulty expressing his/herself effectively
- Difficulty asking for what he/she wants or needs
- Difficulty answering questions about his/her day
- Academic concerns regarding oral expression, listening comprehension, reading, and writing
- Difficulty following directions at home or at school
If your child has any of the above symptoms, they may be a candidate for language therapy. Our licensed speech-language pathologist will assess and analyze your child’s receptive (what he/she understands) and expressive (what he/she says) language skills with an individualized treatment plan to follow.
What is Speech Therapy?
For some children with severe speech impairment, speech therapy will consist of learning methods of Alternative Augmentative Communication (AAC). The use of AAC requires plenty of practice to perfect and communicate effectively.
Alternative communication methods can include sign language, speech output devices or Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS). Give us a call today to discuss how speech therapy may benefit your child.
Primer Keller, TX Speech Therapy Provider
Our speech therapy providers in Keller, TX are trained to help your child overcome their speech-related issues. At Pine Cone, our speech-language pathologist works collaboratively with other disciplines such as applied behavioral analysis to ensure the generalization of skills and that our program participants reach their full potential.
Since autism’s symptoms manifest differently in each individual, their speech and communication can be affected in varying levels of impact. Challenges can include:
- Challenges with socialization and expressing emotion through speech
- Developing verbal tics
- Inability to communicate verbally or with extreme difficulty
- Stuttering, especially when anxiety is high
Keller, TX Speech-Language Pathologist
If your child has been diagnosed with autism and needs speech therapy in Keller, TX you’ve found the right place. At Pine Cone, our pediatric speech-language pathologist works to help children communicate effectively by assisting with the improvement of their speech and language skills, as well as feeding and swallowing.
We have the expertise to evaluate articulation, fluency, oral motor coordination, feeding, and receptive/expressive/pragmatic language skills. Based on our professional assessment, we will develop a specialized treatment plan to help your child overcome their speech and feeding deficits.
We have speech therapy available in Riverstone, Southlake, and Keller. Our transitional school, Pine Cone Prep Academy is in Missouri City. If you have any questions or inquiries please feel free to contact us.